Essentials of Pro Tools provides a more detailed look at the Pro Tools system. This course covers all the key concepts and skills needed to operate a Pro Tools system. The course provides the foundation for the later 200-series Pro Tools Music Production and Post Production courses. Topics
- Getting started — Configuring your studio and session
- Controlling Pro Tools — Understanding and using external controllers
- Managing session data and media files
- Recording MIDI and audio — Loop recording and advanced techniques
- Working with timescales and virtual instruments
- Working with Elastic Audio
- Editing & quantizing MIDI and audio
- Audio editing and file management techniques
- Additional editing techniques — Region looping, using Beat Detective
- Automation — Enabling, playing, viewing, and editing automation data
- Mixing — Using sends, returns, plug-ins, Master Faders, and groups
Course Length 24–30 course hours.
Basic computer skills, some audio recording knowledge, and basic Pro Tools familiarity. Pro Tools 101: Introduction to Pro Tools is intended as a prerequisite for taking the 110 course. Passing the 101 exam is required before taking the 110 exam.